What Will Become Of All that You Have Accumulated In Your Life?
For over eighty years, the attorneys of Bourne, Noll & Kenyon’s Estate and Trusts Planning Department have been providing counsel to individuals, families, small business owners, fiduciaries and beneficiaries. A general description of the services we provide includes:
- Planning for the effective disposition of family wealth, including the minimization of taxes to meet our clients’ objectives, in arrangements ranging from the simple to the complex.
- Establishing trusts: revocable and living trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts and special needs trusts.
- Preparation of durable general powers of attorney and living wills and advance health care directives.
- Assisting our clients to minimize the impact of taxation on their assets; helping them to develop expeditious and cost-effective plans for the disposition of their assets, during lifetime and at death.
- Developing and implementing individual and family gifting programs to maximize use of the federal gift tax annual exclusion, the federal unified credit amount and applicable valuation discounts including the use of trusts and establishment of family limited partnerships and family limited liability companies.
- Developing and implementing charitable giving programs including the preparation of charitable trusts and the creation and administration of private family foundations.
- Planning for small business owners and the disposition of their interests in closely-held entities, including the preparation of stock purchase, buy-sell and other agreements.
- Representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries both defending and prosecuting actions in contested litigation relating to wills, trusts and estates.
- Actions and proceedings to contest wills, and to construe and reform wills and trusts.
We Are Skilled In Making The Right Things Happen After Death
Our lawyers work together to integrate the tax and dispositive planning necessary for estate and financial plans. We are experienced in the planning and documentation of family gifting programs, in the use of charitable trusts and gift annuities and in leveraging asset valuation discounts by utilizing qualified personal residence trusts, grantor retained interest trusts, family limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
We also work with private banking and trust departments of the firm’s financial institution clients to provide legal support for developing new products and services.
Tax Knowledge + Legal Knowledge = Predictability
Our attorneys are highly skilled at optimizing your estate’s tax situation and to help you to anticipate and protect against possible future adverse changes in the tax laws. Our estate planning attorneys include two with an L.L.M. in Taxation, one with a Master’s Degree in Taxation and a Certified Elder Law Attorney certified by the National Elder Law Foundation.
Helping Our Clients With Estate And Life Planning For Over 80 Years
*Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation