Taxation: We will Handle your Tax Challenges
At Bourne, Noll & Kenyon our tax practice focuses on the tax planning and preparation needs of individual taxpayers, the closely held businesses in which they serve as principals, and fiduciaries (executors and trustees). The services the firm offers include:
- Preparing and filing federal and state personal and fiduciary income tax returns and advising clients with regard to withholding requirements, estimated tax payments and general compliance measures.
- Assisting with the purchase and sale of closely held businesses, including evaluating to the income and estate tax ramifications relating to such transactions.
- Advising clients in negotiating and implementing executive compensation and separation agreements, including qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements and stock option plans.
- Advising clients with regard to succession planning for their closely held businesses, including the negotiation and preparation of stock purchase, buy-sell and other agreements designed to implement an effective exit strategy for the executive from his or her company.
- Advising clients planning for retirement and those already retired with regard to distributions from their retirement accounts (qualified plans and IRAs) and other employee benefit plans.
- Representing individuals and fiduciaries in connection with examinations and audits of estate, gift, generation-skipping transfer tax and income tax returns at the federal and state levels.
- Assisting nonprofit clients with their formation under the nonprofit corporation laws of the state of New Jersey and guiding them through the difficult and confusing process of qualifying for tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code. Filing exemption applications with the IRS (1023 and 1024), annual informational returns (990) and charitable registrations with New Jersey, and counseling clients on the requirements for preserving their tax-exempt status.
Put our Experience to Work for You
At Bourne, Noll & Kenyon, we provide our clients with the peace of mind in knowing that their challenges with state and federal tax laws will be handled by experienced attorneys. Call us today at 908-277-2200 or reach out online to arrange for a consultation.
*Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation